Saturday, August 15, 2009

At long last

I've named this quilt an ode to batiks, because it all started when I fell head over heels for the background batik. I bought the entire bolt, around 18 yards, and immediately knew I was keeping the quilt for myself. Indeed, the back is simply more of the same batik.

I actually finished this a few weeks ago, but I've been curled up in it ever since and hadn't snapped a picture.

I quilted this in slightly wavy straight lines through the small squares woven through the pattern. It's the first time I've used this technique - props to Red Pepper Quilts for the inspiration. It feels softer than I expected and I loved it, though it sucked down a huge amount of thread. I lost count of how many bobbins I used, and how many times I went back to my local shop because I ran out of thread again.



1 comment: