Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another day, another wip

This is a quick top I whipped up after finishing up a massive quilt top for my bed. I needed something to bring to the quilt studio that wouldn't take up a bit of space.



You can see the fabrics for the back, binding and border. I stole the red fabric for the back from my mother's stash!



The blocks were supposed to be six inches finished. Sadly, I broke my no cutting late at night rule and cut them at 6 inches, leaving me 5 1/2 inches finished. I reworked the rest so they fit, and I'm pleased with how it came out. The varying width of the strip blocks was a happy mistake.



It's all pinned for quilting, but I need to pick up the right color thread. How is it I have dozens and yet not the right one? I think it must be a law.

1 comment:

  1. Know exactly what you mean about thread. Even when you do have the just the right color, you don't have enough of it! That's why thread stash keeps growing and growing!

    ReplyDelete