Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pin twice...




The top came together quite nicely! I have to remember to pull back and look at the entire effect, because spending too much time with my nose to the blocks tends to skew my perspective.



I pinned the three layers together, then picked it up and realized I had too many wrinkles on the back. This stage always drives me nuts.



So I pinned the back to the carpet, then the batting, and finally the top before pinning the entire thing together. This time, fewer wrinkles. One day I will learn how not to have wrinkles at all. It was not tonight.



I do have a quilting plan, which is to experiment with zigzags. I'm thinking of using cream to match the cream sashing in the black sashed blocks, and black in the cream sashed blocks. That will be tomorrow's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment